Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer Holiday

In three weeks we are flying to Ohio, and then driving to Charleston, South Carolina with Matt's mom and sister to spend a week on the beach.

I didn't know what Charleston was like until I watched the movie 'Dear John.' It's set there, and it's nice!! I love the beach!! I'm so excited!!

However, I don't think it's going to be quite the idyllic beach vacation I'm picturing. I took Elijah out for a picnic a few times in the last month, it wasn't quite as relaxing as I was hoping...Elijah tries to eat everything he's not allowed. I'm sure sand will be included in that!!! It's a good thing he has a grammy and aunt coming with us!!

I'm really excited for tons of things on this vacation...one being, putting Elijah in these super cute little boardies from his little friend Abbie in Swaziland (whom he only met in-utero, but I'm pretty sure if they lived closer they'd be best buddies)!!

Yesterday, someone said to me that Elijah is going to look so cute with blonde hair and a tan. The blonde hair...yes, the tan...I'm not sure. Afterall, this is what I'm taking to the beach...

and this...

and this...

and this...

this is not yet bought, but he needs a hat, and this one is awfully darn cute!!


...all of which are SPF 40 or higher...I'm pretty sure Elijah and tan will not be friends this summer!! However, hopefully Elijah and burn will also not be friends!!

Finally...Elijah and I went for our daily walk today...here's a cute pic of him...

No comments: